Products & Services
Edwards Ready Mix is proud to serve to needs of the Ready-Mixed concrete market across the Geneseo, Cambridge, and Kewanee areas. We maintain three ready-mix plants and operate a fleet of 15 trucks. Our concrete mixes are made with the highest quality materials available and are tested to ensure their strength and durability.
We offer a wide range of concrete mixes, varying in strength, workability, set time, flowability, durability, air content, and slump. We also have experience working with grout, flowable fill, refractory concrete, self-consolidating concrete, pervious concrete, lightweight concrete and mass concrete.
We have a number of additives and admixtures that can help make your project a success:
- Mid-Range Water Reducer Provides an additional 2” of slump without compromising the strength of the concrete.
- Superplasticizer Provides an additional 3-5” of slump for a limited amount of time without compromising the strength of the concrete. This is useful when concrete needs to flow.
- Retarder Slows the set of the concrete, giving you additional working time. A helpful product in the summer months.
- Calcium Chloride Speeds up the set of the concrete. This is a very important product for placing concrete in the cold-weather months.
- Non-Chloridic Accelerator Similar to Calcium Chloride, although this product should be used when pouring with rebar or steel wire, as it won’t corrode the steel.
- Synthetic Fibermesh A replacement for wire mesh, Synthetic Fibers will hold hairline concrete cracks together, minimizing potential future problems from plastic shrinkage cracking.
- Steel Fibers Used as a replacement for rebar, this product dramatically increases the strength and durability of the concrete. Be careful though, if improperly placed, these fibers can hurt!
- Integral Color We can use integral color pigments to dye the concrete to the color of your choice!
- Pea Gravel For the “exposed aggregate” look, use this gravel. Make sure you have someone on your team who knows how to expose the aggregate without damaging the concrete.
- 3/8″ Chips Use this stone when you need to fit concrete into really tight spaces. Great for heavy rebar concentration or ultra-thin pours.
We have an experienced and skilled Quality Control team who can help you with on site assistance. Our QC Techs can dose admixtures on site, slump trucks appropriately, and are a considerable wealth of concrete-related knowledge on any construction site.
In addition, we have Quality Control Techs who are certified in both Iowa and Illinois to work on state DOT jobs. They are experienced with all the tests, inspections, and paperwork involved with a DOT job. We are qualified to develop and run Maturity curve testing on the concrete for early-open paving pours, and develop state QMC concrete mixes if necessary.
We offer the following products for sale at our Geneseo location.
- Concrete Sand
- White Rock (CA-7)
- Red Pea Gravel
- Tan Pea Gravel
- Road/Driveway Rock (CA-6)
- Mulch (seasonal)
- Concrete Sealers; Cure and Seal and High Gloss
- Self Leveling Caulk for cracks and joints
- 4” Expansion joint
- “Lego” style stackable concrete blocks